Albania, Bangladesh, Palestine, Kosovo, Macedonia, Pakistan (Azad Kashmir region), Rwanda and Ukraine.
These are scholarships awarded to undergraduate students who are studying in Turkish Language and Literature, Turkology and Turkish Language programs of higher education institutions to be determined by CoHE. For these scholarships, the countries that signed protocol with CoHE will be given priority.
In foreign countries and higher education institutions determined by CoHE, students studying in Turkish Language and Literature, Turkology and Turkish Language Programs can apply.
They must meet the following requirements:
Kosovo, Lebanon, Sudan and Pakistan
Given priority to specific situations such as the educational language of the higher education institution, the language of instruction and the level of knowledge of this language. In exchange, faculty members who have not previously been involved in exchange activities are given priority.
Students may apply to Mevlana Exchange Program Coordinatorship of his/her Higher Education Institution by filling out forms at http://www.yok.gov.tr/web/mevlana.
Faculty members may also apply to the relevant Mevlana Exchange Program Coordinator.
Within the scope of the program, they can apply to take advantage of dormitories of the Credit Dormitories Institution by contacting the Mevlana Coordinatorship of the university.
Students can benefit from Mevlana Exchange Program for at least 1 and a maximum of 2 semesters.
They can benefit at least for 1 week and a maximum of 3 months in one academic year.
Academic activities should be at least 6 hours per week as part of mobility of faculty members. Academic activities such as lectures, seminars, panels or conferences are assessed in this context.
Students only continue to pay the contribution or tuition fee to the higher education institution where their registry is located during the period during Mevlana Exchange Program. They do not pay any tuition fees to Higher Education Institution to go.
Which courses will be considered equivalent to the courses taken by students who are enrolled in Mevlana Exchange Program and who are educated in another country abroad are determined in the learning protocol clearly. In other words, student does not lose any semester when he returns to his country.
Other scholarships and credits received by the students participating in Mevlana Exchange Program continue during the period they study. They continue to pay contributions or tuition fees to their institutions and do not pay tuition fees to Higher Education Institution.
Why is a residence permit necessary?
• In Turkey, foreigners who will stay longer than visa/visa exemption period or 90 days will be required to obtain a residence permit.
• Foreigners requesting a residence permit must have a passport or a document equivalent to passport, which is 60 days longer than the period requested.
Where to apply for residence permit?
• It is essential that the applications of foreigners who will reside in our country are made from the Consulates in the country where they are citizens or legally located.
• However, in the process of establishing our overseas organization, the residence permit for foreigners residing in Turkey during the visa application is made within the country.
• In order to enable the first applications and, transition and extension applications to be made in electronic environment "e-residence" system, which can be accessed from www.goc.gov.tr , was developed. Here, applications are made electronically by foreigner and documents required for the type of referenced residence permit are reported in the application form.
What is first e-residence application?
• In the first applications, the foreigner who made an appointment by completing the residence permit application form will be able to perform operations by going to Provincial Immigration Administration Directorate on the date and time of the appointment. Foreigner, whose application is accepted is granted “Residence Permit Application Certificate" by Provincial Immigration Administration Directorate.
• In this tab, foreigners are required to apply for one of the types of residence permit (short-term, family, student or long-term residence permit) from the first application screen before the expiry of their visa, residence permit or exemption period.
FILL APPLICATION FORM – COLLECT DOCUMENTS – COME ON APPOINTMENT DAY
How to apply for e-residence extension?
• If the foreigners who have a residence permit want to extend these permits, they should apply for extension of the residence permit from the e-residence system, and after the payment of residence permit fee and residence permit document fee, applicant should submit all requested documents together with the receipts to Provincial Immigration Directorate Administration Office within 5 working days via PTT registered post or cargo.
FILL IN APPLICATION FORM – PAY FEE – SEND DOCUMENTS BY MAIL
In what cases are the residence permits cancelled?
• Failure to fulfill one or more of the application requirements for residence permit
• Determining whether the residence permit is used for other than intended purpose
• Effective deportation decision or decision to ban entry to Turkey for relevant person
How many days does the residence permit application result in
• Applicant is given a residence permit application which allows him / her to stay legally in the country.
• The applications will be finalized within 90 days at the latest. If this time is extended, applicant is informed.
What are the types of residence permits?
• "Short term residence permit"which is issued for 1 year or for 2 years periods.
• "Family Residence Permit"which is issued for a maximum period of three years at each time
• "Student Residence Permit” is issued according to the duration of the study
• "Long Term Residence Permit"is issued without time limit
• "Humanitarian Residence Permit” which is issued for a maximum period of one year
• "Human Trafficking Victim Residence Permit"which is given for 30 days at first and which can be extended for up to 6 months each time. Total duration will not exceed 3 years.
Which documents are required to apply for residence permit?
• Student Residence Permit Application Form (It is created by the system when the application is completed via the e-residence system. The application form is printed out and signed by applicant and / or his / her legal representative.)
• Original and photocopy of the passport or document which is equivalent to passport (Passport or passport replacement of 60 days more period than the requested residence permit must be obtained.)
• Photo (taken in the last six months, fund should be white, biometric and four pieces.)
• Valid Health Insurance (The duration of health insurance should cover the requested residence permit period).
• Declaration of sufficient and regular financial means
• Valid and Accurate Address Statement (If you are staying in a dormitory with an e-signed/signed and sealed/stamped dormitory certificate, if you are staying with rental agreement, notary approved rental agreement)
• Student certificate/Foreign Student Information Form which indicates that they can benefit from the right of studentship
Which institution gives the residence permit certificate?
• Residence permit certificate is issued by General Directorate of Immigration Administration and sent to the addresses of applicants by post (PTT cargo).
What are valid health insurance types?
• e-Signed/signed and sealed/stamped document received from the Provincial Social Security unitabout benefiting of health services in Turkey within the scope of bilateral social security agreements,
• e-Signed/signed and sealed/stamped authorisation ertificate from Social Security institution,
• e-Signed/signed and sealed/stamped document for application to benefit General Health Insurance (optional insurance) of Social Security institution
• Private Health Insurance,
Example of residence permit